At Inverite Verification Inc. (“Inverite”), we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Inverite is an online financial technology company, specializing in bank and identification verifications, data enrichment, and risk scoring.
Optional Uses of your Personal Information: Please be advised that you are automatically opted-in to uses and disclosures of your personal information that are optional. You can opt-out of these at any time. To opt-out contact us at [email protected].
Types of personal information that we may collect from you
Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect the following personal information about you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number;
- Address Information, for your home or work;
- Utility Account Ownership Information;
- Real Estate Ownership Information;
- Social Insurance Number;
- Driver’s License Number;
- Domain Ownership Account Information;
- Blog Ownership Account Information;
- Financial Information such as bank or brokerage account numbers, types of investments, banking histories and credit card histories, and
- Demographic information such as age and gender.
We collect your personal information from:
- You, including during your use of Inverite’s software’s “capture” function;
- The Merchant;
- Third parties that you have provided us with your account information for that third party,
- Any third party that we have your consent to collect information from, and
- Any third party, who with your consent, provides us with your information.
When you use the Inverite’s software’s “capture” function, we collect:
- Information and data regarding your Inverite browser session;
- Screen captures of your Inverite browser window and contents;
- Internet Protocol (static or dynamic) addresses;
- Web connection details, and
- The duration and number of visits to websites and pages.
When you use Inverite’s website, we collect information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
How we use your personal information
In order to provide you the requested products and services, we will use your personal information as follows:
- To verify your identity and to assist the Merchant with its verification of you;
- To collect, normalize, analyze, categorize and perform various statistical analyses;
- To obtain, verify and analyze your financial information and history;
- To prepare and disclose an analysis of your personal information to the Merchant, and to any other third party(s) as you have requested, consented and instructed;
- To provide requested products and services to you, including Inverite’s web frame technology and downloadable browser and capture application technology;
- To detect and investigate fraud or other illegal activity;
- To send you requested product or service information;
- To respond to customer service requests and to respond to any of your questions, comments, concerns and communications;
- To administer your account;
- To send you communications in regards to your account, and
- Enforce our agreement(s) with you.
Optional Uses and Disclosures of your Personal Information
You are automatically opted-in and consent to the following:
- We use your personal information to:
- Send you newsletters and marketing communications to your mailing address and email address that you provided to us.
- Assess your needs and to determine suitable products
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Improve our website and marketing efforts
- Display content based upon your interests
- Conduct research and analysis of data, and to research and develop products, and to improve our products and services
- We disclose your personal information to third parties:
- We are working on improving our services and doing product research and development. We may disclose your name, email address, telephone number, personal characteristics, and financial and credit information to a third party for the purposes of data analysis, to research and develop products, and to improve our products and services.
The above is optional. You can opt-out by contacting us at [email protected].
Choices about your Personal Information and Opting Out
You can withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. If you wish to withdraw your consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information, we will respect your decision subject to our legal and contractual obligations. In some cases, where you withdraw your consent, it may limit or prevent us from providing the products and services requested by you.
Where the use and disclosure of your personal information is optional, and you have been automatically opted in, you can opt-out by contacting us at [email protected], or for newsletters and marketing emails you can op-out by following any unsubscribe instructions on those communications.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Disclosing your Personal Information to Third Parties
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
In order to provide you the requested products and services, including Inverite’s web frame technology and downloadable browser and capture application technology, we may disclose your personal information with third parties as follows:
- To Merchant(s);
- To third parties as required by law, to comply with a court order, to investigate fraud, to respond to a government request, and to comply with our legal obligations.
- From time to time, we engage and disclose your personal information to agents, service providers and contractors to provide services to us, or perform services on our behalf, such as marketing, legal services, data and statistical analysis services and machine learning analysis services. We require these parties to follow the applicable privacy legislation when handling your personal information.
Cross-Border Transfer of your Personal Information
These countries may have different laws and requirements about privacy and data use in comparison to Canada, and as such, the courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in United States and Brazil may be entitled to access your personal information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our website and Services may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Links to Other Web Sites
Data Security and Retention
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain reasonable safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft and unauthorized access. When you enter sensitive information (such as account credentials) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Personal information is retained only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of our services or as required by law.
We will retain your information for the longer of (i) one year after we use that information to make a decision that directly affects you; (ii) for long as necessary for fraud detection and prevention; and (iii) for so long as necessary to comply with our legal and business obligations, including to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements and in accordance with any other agreements you may have with Inverite. After this time, we will securely destroy or anonymize your personal information.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at [email protected]. We do not control how long your requesting Merchant retains or uses your data. This will be governed by the privacy statement and policy of the requesting Merchants’ site. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Inverite Merchant whose web site you visit. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at [email protected]
Additional Policy Information
Changes to the Policy
Accessing or Updating your Personal Information
You have the right to access, correct, and request the deletion of your personal information. You have the right to access your personal information that we hold, the ways in which it has been used, and the names of individuals and organizations it has been disclosed to.
Requests can be made via the contact details provided below.
Inverite Verification Inc
900-2025 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC V5C 0J3 Canada
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 877-VERIFY-2 (877-837-4392)
When you submit a request for the above, we will take steps to confirm your identity. We will aim to comply with your request within the applicable time period required by law, (subject to any extensions granted). In certain circumstances, we may be required or permitted to refuse access, in which case we will advise you of the reasons for restricting access.
If you have any questions or would like to submit a complaint about this privacy statement, please contact our privacy officer:
Attn: Karim Nanji, Privacy Officer
Inverite Verification Inc
404-999 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E2 Canada
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 877-VERIFY-2 (877-837-4392)
You may also contact BC’s Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner:
You may also contact Canada’s Office of Information and Privacy Commissioner: